- A couple of bananas - leftover bananas always get sliced and frozen for later use in smoothies, ice cream or baking.
- Half a punnet of plums - these were halved and stoned first. They will probably be made into stewed plums for topping porridge or rice pudding.
- Half a tub of strawberry soya yoghurt - I find the texture of yoghurt goes a bit funny when you freeze it but it's still useful for baking (like in this recipe).
- Couple of gem lettuces - I'm pretty sure you can't freeze raw lettuces but I roughly chopped these up and braised them for about 10 minutes in a bit of vegetable stock. When I defrost them I will warm them up and add some peas and fresh herbs for a side dish.
- Parsley/Mint - the staple rescue of chopping up and freezing in ice cube trays covered in vegetable stock, for use in stews and soups.
Not a bad haul really, though it doesn't help with the fact that I'm trying to run down the freezer at the moment so I can defrost it!